Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lost Camera Alert

Still can't find it. I had it a couple of days ago. Oh, on Saturday. I took it to craft day, but didn't take any pics. I was too busy using my new Connecting Threads fabrics making YBR blocks. I have gotten 100 blocks done and have started setting them. I worked on my handquilting all day yesterday. Yep, 11 hours of hand quilting. I've got two left fingers that are so sore now, it's hard to type. But, I can see a lot more hand quilting in my future. I love it. I'll post pics when the camera turns up.

I do want to mention that I am by no means a fabric snob. I think you use what you can afford, or what you have available. I am blessed to be able to buy some things that others may not be able to afford. And, on the flip side, there are things I just can't buy due to these economic times. Here's my point of all that. I ordered some fabric from Connecting Threads. Oh, MY! This fabric makes me so happy. It's so soft and so little fraying. It's like butter! I can't even describe it. I, naturally, ordered more already. Quite a bit more. And, the prices? They are less than most of the Joann's fabrics cost. Now, the thread from there. I love it. And, it's priced right! I bought several of their thread kits a while back and I love it. The colors are wonderful and it sews so well. I'm not affiliated in any way, but I highly recommend this company. I expect there will be an order in my mail box today or tomorrow. When I find the camera, I'll post some pics. Here's the link for them, if you would like to look around......http://www.connectingthreads.com

1 comment:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Thanks for your input regarding their fabric. I get the catalog but have never ordered. I am really picky about my fabric. I know that I am extrememly fortunate to have so many LQS in my area. I think I will give them a try.