Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sewing and Riding!


Patti and I spent the day sewing yesterday. We've decided to do the free BOM offered by Harmony Quilts. We worked on the first three months of blocks yesterday. Here's how far I got....I'm loving this, by the way!

My Fence!

My Sun!
House #1

House #2

My big giant enormous tree!

We had a good time making these blocks. There are already six months of blocks up on the site, so this will move along quickly, I think.

I'm also giving up an old hobby. Since Garry has found guys to ride with, I don't have to go ride anymore. I just would not let him ride in the woods on the trails alone and the older he got, the more all his riding buddies from their younger days, quit riding. So, being the awesome wife that I am, I took up riding. I rode a dirt bike for a year, hated it! Then bought a quad and rode it for a couple of years. It was not fast enough to suit me, so I bought this!


So, I'm selling this. Yep, it's fast. It's a Raptor. 660cc's. I have mixed emotions about selling it, but it's just been sitting in the barn for five years. It's in awesome condition and just think of the fabric I could buy with the money! Yep....that's where my head is!

It's a beautiful day here in Michigan today. Not too hot and not too cold. Just right! Think I'll just have myself a great day today! Why don't you have one, too!

5 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

Hey, awesome BOM. I think I have some just like it! Hope you sell the raptor soon!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

The blocks look awesome!!! I hope that you sell the reptor soon too ... you can always use more money for fabric!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Should you sell that, you'll have more fabric than you'll ever know what to do with...LOL

Anonymous said...

Your BOM looks awesome so far.

Regina said...

So now in my mind you will be Regina one "i" and the Regina that use to ride!!!!! You have earned extra cool points today dear.