Monday, June 8, 2009

Ethel admitted to Sewing Machine Hospital....

Yes, it's true. I was sewing along the other night and she just up and roared at me and the needle stopped. Won't go up, won't go down. It moves fine with the hand thingie, but not with the foot pedal. So, for several days now, I've been without my beloved Ethel. I'm using Lucy, the Brother I bought for "just in case". I dropped Ethel off this morning. I found a Viking Dealer in another town not too far and I've decided to use them instead of the place where I bought it. Several reasons for this are..... I don't care for most of the employees at the dealer I bought it from. It was one of the dealers located inside the Joann's store. The new place I found is called Lapeer Sewing Center. I like these ladies. The owner is the one who actually works on them. I don't like the idea that the one where I bought it, has a guy that comes and gets them once a week and then brings them back the next week. I can't even discuss the machine with the guy who is actually working on it. That just doesn't work for me. So, they have Ethel and said they hoped to call me by 5:30 today and let me know what they think the problem is. I did go ahead and pay them to do a full tune up on her. She's been thru a lot with me for the past couple of years. I do love her sew.......

Keep Ethel in your prayers. I don't know how long I can go on without her. It struck me when I left her, that I'd rather have her back running smoothly than all the cigarettes in the world. Wooohoooooooo!
Later Ladies!
Edit: Just got a call from Sewing Repair Woman.....minor repair really....motor pulley? ....maybe a week to a week and a halp to get her back...good news....about 30 dollar repair bill. I did pay them to do a "tune up" and clean her already this morning. They seemed quite amazed at the amount of junk inside her. I use her a lot!

6 comments:

Gina said...

sending my good wishes to Ethel and the man who's working on her. I hope you get her back soon.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sara said...

Good Luck to Ethel, I am sure she will be back and running soon!

Lori said...

Oh poor Ethel..$30.00 I think you got away cheap.Sometimes repairs are costly.Hope your backup is serving you well.

Regina said...

Glad it is minor- I think you did very well on the cost! Worth every cig, right?!?!?

piecesofpatti said...

I am so happy it did not cost and arm and a leg. You need all you appendages??????

Regina said...

Guess who is behind in their blog reading :( So I am just now finding out about Ethel. Well, let me tell you my "junk" in the machine story. When I go to retreat there is a retired sewing teacher in the group and quick as a flash she is by your side if you ever experience sewing machine distress. Well I was having problems but after taking a peek inside decided that I was too embarassed to have her take a look. Thanks goodness didn't let her look. When I got home and started cleaning it I thought I was going to have an asthma attack!!!! GROSS! Now I keep all my darlings clean and oiled regularly - so no need to call social services :)