Monday, January 28, 2008

Scrappy Bargello, Anyone?

Anyone else planning on doing this? I'm thinking it sounds like fun. Last I heard, the plan is to all start on it about 1:00 p.m. I DO NOT watch football. The duck and I DO NOT want to be in the same room with this showing football. Not a chance. I'll be in the living room, enjoying anything else.
I did a bit of shopping today. I hate grocery shopping with a passion. For that reason, I have two refrigerators, two upright freezers and three pantries. I shop about once every three or four months. I have a friend who raises cattle, so I get fresh beef, a side at a time. I have a customer who raises pigs, so I get those from him. I can't even think about eating beef from the grocery store after eating the fresh beef. Anyway, back to my day.... I found a bit of time, yeah, just a bit....to stop at Joann's. And I bought.....

A new mat by Gingher. I used my 40% off coupon for this. I needed a new one really badly and this one looks quite nice.

And...it's double sided. It's yellow on the other side.


Then I got a bit of fabric......And a new magazine....There's a blue quilt in it that I would love to make. I would post the pic of the page, but with all the talk about copywriting stuff, I think I'll just let you wonder or go look for it.

All in all, a good day. I've got our little crafty church group get together tomorrow night and it might be just the right time for starting some cutting. I've also bought two tins of 20 fat quarters that I just love and I have the Turning Twenty pattern. Maybe I'll work on that one tomorrow night. So many quilts, so little time to make them all......
Happy quilting......

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm thinking I might try to do the bargello. It just depends. We don't have satelite or cable tv, all we watch are DVD's so no Super Bowl here!!! Richard is actually talking about butchering the hog then, so if he does I won't have time to do any quilting.

I agree with you on the meats. There is nothing like fresh meats. We very seldom ever buy meat from the stores. We butcher our own and Richard and Andrew do alot of hunting so we eat that too.

I really like the look of your new mat. I need to pick up a new one. Mine has just about had it.
Kristie

Granny said...

I just posted on my blog yesterday about fresh beef! That's an interesting looking mat.

Nancy said...

I think I am changing my plan a bit about the Bargello - I still want to do it, but after looking at some of the pictures of what others have done I think I want to try to do one with each of the 4 runs of fabric the same - like pics 1 and 2 in the first of the quilts from others.
How are you coming on getting your strips cut. I did about 32 last night -- before I decided that I want to change my plan, so I will only be using a few of the ones I cut. Guess I have a start on another scrappy one sometime!