Sunday, November 11, 2007

Friends.....

Well, this one is hard for me. I have kept this away from my blog for fear of "losing" it, but even if no one ever reads it, I'll feel better for writing it. My best friend has cancer. This is not new. She has non-hodgkins leukemia and has been in remission for several years after a hard fight and lots of chemo. Now...she has a new cancer. Cancer of the salvitory glands. She will be having surgery this coming Friday. We spent the day together yesterday doing fun stuff. Shopping and arts and craft fairs. Val is an amazing woman. She is our Township Supervisor, is on more boards than I can list, President of our Chamber of Commerce, a wonderful Mother, Sister, Daughter, Wife, Christian, and yes, Friend. She and I are not life long friends, in fact, we've only been friends a few years. Ya know how you meet someone and it just clicks? Like you've known them all your life? That's how it is with us. Our husbands are friends, too. I've decided some things during all of this. I know that God knows how much I need her in my life. On the flip side of the same coin, if that should not continue, I have to remember how grateful that He gave me the time we've had. It's been quite hard to maintain that mind set. I want to get mad and do something about it. But...I have to maintain Faith. I have to not worry. I have to remember that He knows better than I do. So...if anyone reads this, I would really appreciate just a moment of your time that you could say a prayer for Val. And one for me, too, that I do and say the things that will help her through this battle.......Thanks......

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I feel for you both. Life is sometimes terrible, but God always knows what is best. I know that doesn't make it any easier for us sometimes, but just have faith. I truly hope all goes well for her. Please keep us informed on how her surgery goes. You are doing the only thing that can be done, you are THERE for her and her family.
Kristie

Jen said...

I'm sorry. =( The good thing is that she has you. Don't step back like many people do just because you don't know what to do. Just step in and help. Maybe you're meant to be her rock in this.

I'll be thinking of you both.

Michelle said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. Yes, God knows our destiny, and the hardest part is trusting, and accepting what His plan is for us. I believe God brings people together for a reason. He knew you would be a good friend to her, and vice versa.

Keep us posted.