Sunday, July 4, 2010

A no pic post...ughhhh

Happy 4th of July!

Got home from the cabin a bit later than planned last week. The plan was to come home on Monday night, but I ended up staying until Friday night. Garry and some of his friends came up while Patti and I were there, so Patti rode home with one of them and Garry, Cindy and I just stayed the rest of the week. Got some flood lights up that have been sitting up there forever. I found an Amish/Menonite bulk food store and bought too much there. They had fresh butter and it was good. I hear other women complain about "retaining water" but....I am retaining butter! Found some really really good corn on the cob, cantelope, and a few other goodies. I ate corn and cantelope for four days straight. I just couldn't get enough. Patti and I worked on some disappearing 9 patch blocks. Patti and I also found an amish footwear and fabric store. I didn't buy anything because most of it was at least 65% polyester. They did have some other notions at great prices so I got a few of those. It really was a great week. Relaxed beyond all belief at this point.

I spent yesterday with Val. Our hubbys went to an outdoor Motocross race. Yay! We met at Curves, worked out, went to Joann's, out to Applebees for lunch and then we sewed until about 5:30. I was on a mission at Joann's. I've been seeing Eleanor Burns' new pattern, Day and Night, everywhere I looked. I bought the book/pattern/template a week or so ago and wanted to pick up fabric to make one. I stuck with the color scheme she has on the front of the book, red, black, white. I only got two blocks made yesterday, but I'm in love! What a great pattern! I would post a pic, but I left my camera on the table at the cabin. Oops!

Plan to head back up to the cabin again this week. We were going to head back up tonight, but it's hot as blazes outside. No air conditioning in the cabin and it would be miserable. So....holding plans loosely...as they say. We'll go when we think it's a good time to go. Maybe Wednesday.....we'll see. In the meantime, I'll be making Day and Night blocks. Woooohooooo!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You didn't mention if Cindi came HOME with you. Giggle.

Rhoda said...

It sounds like a wonderful time!

piecesofpatti said...

Had a great weekend, girlfriend! We are all looking forward to pics!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

I'm sure we all can be patient until you and your camera are back together. And yes, I've seen the Day and Night pattern a lot too! It sure looks hard, but I hear it's quite simple with the template...??? Can't wait to see pics.


LOL..couldn't resist sharing the "word verificaiton"

"shist"

sounds almost like what COULD have been uttered once the realization hit that the camera was at the cabin ;0)