Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bloggin Obligations.....

Sorry, no pics today. I've been a bad bad blogger, and I feel bad about it. I know it's suppose to be a "no obligation" thing, but it's embedded in my genes to feel guilty about everything in the world. Can't help it. September and October were such busy months. I'm glad to see them come to an end.
On a sad note, my 18 year old son is up to no good again. My husband and I adopted him when he was 10 and he's always had a lot of problems. He no longer lives with us due to safety issues. I won't go into all the history, but it's been a long haul with him. He pulled a doozie this time and ended up on a ventilator for two days in ICU. He's ok now, physically, and has been moved to the mental patient floor. He's decided not to contact me since they moved him, so I have no other information and due to the privacy laws, I can't get any information. I'm thinking I'll just continue to pray for him and remember that with God all things are possible.

So, on to the fun stuff. Our church had the annual Ladies Day last month and I actually got up in front of all those people and spoke. I heard from lots of the women that I did very well, however, for me, it's all just a blurr. I really have no idea what I said. My daughter was very proud of me and wanted to know how I could do that and not even be scared. I told her I was terrified and she said it sure didn't show. I guess that's a good thing. Maybe it will teach her to try to overcome her fears. I have been asked to give a speech next year for the event, so I guess I did ok and didn't have any drool on my chin.

I went to a craft show yesterday. I sold several quilts, afgahns, quilted notebook covers, coasters, and bags. It was a great day. My friend, Val sold homemade fruit cakes (ewwwwww) and fudge. I never heard of sour cream fudge til she made it, but it's wonderful. It was a great day and I needed the distraction.

Now, I'm off to get ready for church and next time I post, there should be pictures.

11 comments:

Amelia said...

I pray God continues to give you strength as you endure these chapters of your life.

Kristie said...

So sorry to hear about the problems with your son. Remember if you need to talk, I am here for you.

What are you working on now? Any new projects?
KRistie

Lori said...

Tough Times = Strength

I do wonder.. How many people like fruit cake? I am with you, Ewww!

The Fudge, Yes Please!!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Perhaps dogs and children are alot alike... you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Perhaps your son's behaviour is ingrained in the genes.

Granny said...

Sounds like a very difficult situation with your son. I'm sorry things have turned out this way. Almost a year ago, I had to speak in front of a large group at the Houston Quilt Market and I was petrified. I would have canceled at any point right up until I started speaking, if I'd been given the opportunity. Now that I've done it 2 or 3 times a month since then, it wouldn't bother me at all now. In fact, I think I'd enjoy it. So, I can tell you that no matter how scared or nervous you are, if you get another opportunity to speak in front of a group, it will be easier.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that things are not great for you right now, but it's nice to see you posting again.

Does anybody actually like fruitcake? I always thought it was more of a Christmas decoration! (Just kidding, my MIL used to love the stuff!)

Only 5 months to the quilt retreat! (give or take...)

MAMACRAFTY said...

OK..... I suppose I am "the fruit cake" ROFL of the bunch! I love fruit cake and hate that it only comes out one time a year!
I just wanted to post this to you and you can delete it if you want. I won't be upset:
Philippians 4:
6 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
7 If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
9 Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.

BE Encouraged!~!
HUGS!

Babs said...

sorry to hear about your son. My thoughts are with you.

I would love to see pictures of the stuff you sold if you have any. I'm doing a booth at a fair in a couple of weeks.

Gina said...

I'll be praying for you and yours:)

Roslyn said...

You have had quite a sabbatical from blogging so welcome back on the scene. Sorry to hear it is to post of the issues with your son-there is nothing more sad for a parent than when our children are in trouble.
blessings
Roslyn

Katie said...

It must be the "mom" thing. We feel obliged to be perfect...as moms...and as bloggers! Keep the faith. I'm sure you've done the best you can for him.