Friday, May 30, 2008

Cathedral Windows Quilt Tutorial and a Big Thank YOU, Tracey

I found this really great tutorial for how to do these. I am amazed each time I see one of these quilts. Hyena In Petticoats has a wonderful blog full of beautiful quilts. Check it out!
I really want to thank everyone for the lovely compliments on my BRB top. So many of you couldn't even find the mistake. It's not just one block. It's an entire quarter of the quilt. The only way to really see it is to pick out a center diamond and try to follow it around. You can't. That's where I screwed it up. It's just a one of a kind now. I can live with that.

And...THANK YOU SO MUCH, TRACEY! Oh, none of you are going to want to read the remainder of this post. I entered a give away a while back and won. My prizes arrived today! Stop now, or you'll be so jealous! Ok...pic time...turn back now....
Still looking? Still here? Ok...you asked for it then.....

Still looking? Ok...it's too late now. Get ready to turn green.......
Isn't it just adorable? Just the cutest littleMary Engelbreit Sewing Box that you've ever seen. I don't think she even knew I had four little dogs and it's got puppies on it! I love it! But wait...there's even more!
Note Cards! A little Journal! All Mary Engelbreit! There is a theme here.
And nope...it's not over yet.....

She made me a thread catcher. The funny part is that I just found a pattern online YESTERDAY to try to make one. I felt I needed one after using my vacuum and having to unwind all those threads from the brush on it. Just yesterday! WOW...not only is Tracey talented but she is a mind reader too! And...last but not least, a bar of Mary Engelbreit Lemon Verbena soap. I'm just giddy!
Gonna go sew now....she has inspired me!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wasn't Lemon Verbena the scent of perfume that Laura Ingalls was trying to sell one time? Gosh, Help me, Jen, what was she selling it for. Wasn't it the same episode that she acted like an orphan, and was all dirty and scraggly?

Ok, back to Regina....WOW, WOW, WOW on the gifts! They are all so sweet!!!

I am GREEN with envy!
Michelle

Lori said...

I love to read "happy". It makes me smile.

Tracey in CT said...

Glad to hear that you loved it all! Those thread catcher are SO handy, and I won't even admit how simple they are to make!!

Khris said...

Ohhh my...I am soooo jealous...what a lovely stash of ME goodies...I do so love ME...hugs
Khris in Oz

Phyl said...

wow...u r right...i am jealous...lol. seriously, all those goodies couldn't have been given to a sweeter gal!

Phyl said...

Your OC graphic looks great in its prime spot:).

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Very cool! You're a lucky gal!