Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blue Ridge Beauty....


So...anyone who reads this blog knows that I'm addicted to all of Bonnie's patterns at Quiltville. I'm currently drowning in BRB blocks. It's so big that I'm having to set the blocks in quarters. I have two quarters finished and pressed. I'm putting up pics, but please don't look at the mess...hehehhehhe


I just love blues. Blues and yellows, blues and creams. I didn't know that blue was my favorite color until I started quilting. Strange, huh?

I did go pick out some border fabrics yesterday and a few other things at Joann's. Ok, lots of things. My daughter got me a gift card for Mother's Day so I just had to go there. I got myself a bit of fabric, about 10 or 12 yards and one of those clover mini irons. Ok...a few other things. I met my friend, Val, there. Then we went downtown to the Courthouse to file more papers. She is currently Township Supervisor in the township next to mine. I did find out that all of my previous info was wrong. There are three of us running for this office and all of us are running under the same party. This means that I will know the outcome of the primary in August and have to get seriously busy campaigning NOW. I need to order yard signs, work on flyers and then start knocking on doors. Sounds scary, don't you think? This is so out of my comfort zone and to be honest, I only moved out here about 5 or 6 years ago, so my chances aren't wonderful. But...you gotta start somewhere and I'm going to make sure they at least know my name when it's time to vote. If I don't get it this time, there's another election in four years and I can go for it again. I think that's a healthy attitude.

And now...I'm going back to these blocks after I make beds and throw a load of laundry in the washer. Val, her hubby, Terry and Garry and I are going to see the new Indiana Jones movie this evening. I loved Indy! Then dinner at their house, so I better get busy now.....

22 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, it looks AWESOME! I love looking at blue scrappy quilts. It's probably the only scrappy I enjoy!

Cornfield Quilter said...

I love it! Wonderful quilt, great job! :D

Moneik said...

Great Job on the quilt! I really love it and the colors are so beautiful.

Three Birds Inspired said...

The quilt is really pretty. Makes me THINK about making one! Now I am being nosey...what kind of frame do you have your Janome on?

Charlotte said...

My kind of quilt.
Wonderful job. How will you quilt it? I see you are a long armer.
Charlotte

Amelia said...

The color blue is refreshing to the eyes...so that makes it easier to use in the sewing/quilting process.

Good luck in being a politician...please tell the truth...unlike so many that do not. LOL

Amelia in Oklahoma

Candace said...

Your BRB is a beauty. Let us know how you like the movie.

Katie said...

That quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Your quilt is awesome! I love it.
I'm jealous of everything you blogged about today.
Michelle

Lori said...

The quilt is striking. Could you tell me more about your frame? I am in the market for one...

Rhonda said...

The quilt is wonderful!! It's one of my favorite pattern from Bonnie's.
Have fun seeing Indy! We're going to see it this weekend.

Colleen said...

The quilt is beautiful. I love those colors together, too. Good luck on the campaign trail.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

OMG! I love the blocks! The sections look great! I am going to have to think about adding this one to my to-do list!

Gina said...

I love how the quilt is coming together.

love and hugs xx

Pat H. said...

It's beautiful! I might try one in Southwest colors.

Pat H.

Anonymous said...

I love blue! And your quilt is absolutely beautiful!!! I want to make one too... see what you are doing to me! I am still only on clue 2 of my Strawberry Crush, there are just too many other pretty blocks to work on...and now even more!!!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Weee!! You are really going to town girl! Great job!

Bonnie

Nancy said...

Love your blues and creams, and the pattern is one of my favorites of all of Bonnie's patterns. Great job!

Phyl said...

WOW~ Your BRB is gorgeous!

May Kristin said...

Love your colours! The quilt is beautiful!

Cathie said...

I have always been passionate about blues and white together - very, very beautiful pattern and your shades are gorgeous. How do you plan on quilting this beauty?

Janet said...

I love Jacob's Ladder, which this pattern is also called. I did one several years ago and just recently came across an orphan block and several more partially pieced and leftover fabric, so have ordered some navy kona cotton to piece another top - fun is waiting!!