Saturday, March 1, 2008

Star Struck Finished!

In the washing machine now. Quilted (dwirled) and binding done today. I really liked this pattern. Enjoyed every step of this one. Glad my son, Chad, is 6'5" tall so I can have him hold quilts. It's pretty obvious he's not biologically ours since we are all short. I'm 5'1", hubby is 5'8". Chad just looms over all of us and he's become hard to hug. It's like I'm hugging his hips now.
I bought some of those binding clips and this is the first quilt I've used them to put the binding on. I'll have to say, they did help a lot. Easy to use and no pins sticking me at every few inches. I may have to buy another package for even larger quilts.

I had this done to my dogs this week. They have all been shaved. Cindy, holding Qtip here, feels bad for them and thinks they are just too little to have no hair. If they liked to be brushed, I'd agree with her, but they hate it. Perhaps, she'd like to do all the brushing....NOT! All my dogs are Maltese, except Mugsy. Poor thing..doesn't your heart just break for him? Actually, they all act happier when they are shaved. They play with each other hard and this way I can wash them up as needed.

I think they look cute "hairless". I think my other girl, Popcorn is embarrassed because she would have no part in this picture taking stuff. She's been hiding in her bedroom a lot since the shaving took place. Well, I'm off to work on My Road to Insanity Quilt top (my name for it). I have some new scraps left from the finished one today and they are crying to be included in another scrappy quilt.

8 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Your quilt is BEYOND fantastic, and you dwirl like a pro!!! I love the Star Struck design -- I might have to check my stash for lights/darks ... I'm going to check around for that Pajama Quilter DVD as well - thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy said...

Way to go on the quilt and on the lovely dwirling. Those pups are just adorable and I would think they feel better when they've been to the groomer.

Randi said...

Great job on the dwirling! Love the quilt.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

The dogs will soon warm up to being shaved. Much less work I'm sure.

Three Birds Inspired said...

Love the quilt!

Cindy Larson said...

Oh, That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I want to make one, like NOW!! :0) You know I'll just get right on that! LOL. The doggies just look sooooo cute! Yeap, I agree, Bald is beautiful :0) My cocker was in full coat until he was eight. I shaved him bald and we were both sooooo happy!!

Amelia said...

The bare babies are so cute~

Katie said...

Awwwwww. They're as cute as a button!