Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pinnacle/Janome 1600p dbx



Been a while already....my how time flies. I'm adding pics of my new frame and machine. Learning to use a frame and how to blog at the same time may be more than I can handle. (lol) This is the first quilt top I made. My friend, Sharon, from church, agreed to teach some of us how to quilt. Little did she know what a monster she was creating. So....I've been moved to the living room and am giving up the "family" room. Something about how it's suppose to be for the whole family ... not just my sewing adventures. I was kinda taking over in there. But that room is over 500 square foot and has hardwood floors ... so easy with all my threads everywhere to clean up. But .. that's over now. I'm relinquishing it back to them and I hope they all feel guilty about it. (they won't)

And...now I have two of the same pic here and can't figure out how to remove one....so double your pleasure, double the fun!
So...there you have it. My new passion is growing. Happy quilting to all of you.....

3 comments:

Jen said...

You'll have to let me know how you like you're 1600P. I think eventually I'll pick one up if I can find one used or on trade in. If I buy another expensive machine before my hubby gets a new truck he won't be too happy with me no matter how many quilts I make for him! =) I have a 6600 that I'm using for piecing and my frame.

Kristie said...

Hello, I love your quilts they are beautiful. Quilting is an addiction. I tell my friends all of the time that if they tried it once they wouldn't be able to stop. What kind of quilting frame do you have? I love your machine too, How long is the throat on it? Do you have any problems with queen size quilts?
Come visit me at www.quiltingcowgirl.blogspot.com

Kristie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Thank you so much. Mine don't compare with some of yours, but I'm working towards it. It's amazing to me how no quilt can be ugly. I'm piecing on a Viking Sapphire 830. Love it too! My DH just bought me the frame, Pinnacle and the JanomeP DBX, this past Saturday. Early bday present. Just got in up and running last night, so time will tell. Starting breaking the thread this afternoon and I got frustrated and took a break. Will rethread and all that in the morning and see what happens. The throat is 9". The pic is the first one I've put on the frame, but it's suppose to be 120". I'm working my way up to putting a queen size on it....might be a while....
Thanks for the nice comments. This blog thing is a great way to track progress, make new friends....I'm so excited over all of it.
And now...I'm off to bed.....
Regina