Thursday, May 6, 2010

Slowing down....


Life is getting back to "normal" around here, which means a little time to sew! I finally finished my "Tossed Irish Hearts" quilt and just in time too! The little girl it's for was born this past week. Nothing like cutting it close. That quilt has been laying around here waiting for binding for a few months.

I couldn't make a decision last night on what to work on, so, of course, start a new project. It's interesting! Not sure I like this because you don't make blocks but line up all the units. Not really my cup of tea, but I do think I like the outcome. Today, I think I'll work on it some more.

In other new, one of my dogs is getting old. He's having some hard days and it breaks my heart. Mugsy sleeps about 20 hours a day. He's got arthritis and can no longer get onto the couch. Garry and I just put him up there and take him down throughout the day. He's the best boy. Great temperment and has always been such a sweetie. Yesterday was his birthday. Unconditional love every day is quite a gift. If you're not a dog person, you probably don't get this. If you are, you know how it feels to know that sooner, rather than later, you will lose a great friend. Here's to hoping today is a great day for Mugs.

Patti and I are taking time for a mini-retreat. I've got a cabin in Northern Michigan and she and I are heading up there the weekend of the 21st. Three days of sewing time. Oh yeah, Baby! Sounds like a great plan to me. We decided to spend that time doing Jen's Barn Blocks. There's a link to them on my sidebar. I hope to be all caught up by the end of that weekend. Yay! I finally found some fabric that I think will work for that project.

And that's all the news that is the news from here. Hope you all get the time to sit and sew a spell today!

7 comments:

piecesofpatti said...

You are getting some things accomplished......good job! I like the new project.......looks "bombdiggity"

Ranch Wife said...

Well now I need to start a new project too because I'm coveting your Tossed Irish Hearts quilt! Great color combination! Youir new project looks wonderful too - so inviting to curl up with!

Cindy said...

You're just a movin right along. I sure hope Mugsy has many more good days and yes, it is hard to see them get older. Sounds like you and Patti will have a great time just cranking out those barn blocks.

Gina said...

http://gina-deargina.blogspot.com/

Ya been here before! thanks for stopping by!
Gina

Barb said...

Love your quilt!!

Quiltluver said...

Pretty quilt! I don't have dogs, but do know the pain of losing my cats. It's tough to know when they are in too much pain. Hopefully, you'll have many good days ahead.

prashant said...

Your new project looks wonderful
indian classified site