Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I suck at bloggin' lately!

There! I've said it! Now on to the good stuff. Had the flu. Had a cold. Didn't enjoy either of them. Survived both and feel groovy now! Took a while to get my mojo back, but it's back in full swing now. Been working on this.....


Really happy with this one. Cindy, my teen daughter, loves it and for that reason...she may end up with it for Christmas.

Went on my first shop hop! Spent way too much, but loved every minute of it. My friend, Val, set it up. She has connections, so we ended up with the Senior Center Bus for the trip. So cool! Left at 8 am. Got home at about 8 pm. I have a list of the shops somewhere, because of course, Val printed an itinerary for everyone. She's so on top of everything. When I grow up, I wanna be just like her. Giggle! The first shop served us breakfast while we shopped. Egg casseroles, cinnamon roles, coffee...it rocked! The last shop, we had pizza and hung out a while. I have several pics, but since I don't know all the women very well, they may not like it if I put them on here. So....here's Patti and Sharon in front of Ann Quilt Shop. This shop is in the middle of nowhere, Brown City, Michigan. I loved it. It's owner, a 96 year old woman, was a hoot. Her son and daughter both work there, too. The shop itself is in an old milk house and has been in business for 41 years. They were having an anniversary sale...40% off! Did I mention I spent too much? Hmmmmm....

And here's Val! I love this woman so much. I wish you could all have her for a friend. Not that I'm really willing to share her. Many of you took the time to pray for her and again, Thank you all. She's doing great lately. Power of prayer!


Oh! I almost forgot to tell you about this! No! I didn't make this one, but I'm gonna make one just like it because I bought the kit. Patti bought it too. Another friend I wish you could all have, but I'm not really willing to share her either! We thought we'd work on this one next spring/summer at Craft Day. No way could I get it done in time for fall of this year, since it's here now.

Well, I suppose that's all the news that is the news as they used to say on "Laugh In". You young 'uns won't remember that show but it was cutting edge back in the day.... Happy quilting and maybe I'll be able to post more regularly.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better. Sounds like the shop hop was a great success and of course the pictures were wonderful. Come on, share the friends a girl can't have too many friends in her lifetime. Love the fall quilt.....

Moneik said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your shop hop sounds like a blast. I'm afraid you have to share Patti because I'm already friends with her! The fall quilt will be super cute!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you're still in the land of the living....
I love the Irish chain, nice colours.
I'll be right there with you on the 'I spent too much', my favourite quilt shop has a big sale this Saturday....
Oh, and if you don't want to share your friends, you probably shouldn't bring them to quilt retreats with you, where everyone else gets to find out how great they are!

Mel said...

Ick, no one likes to be sick, glad you have recovered from these bugs. Your quilt is darling, like the one you bought the kit for also, Oh, I wish, I could learn to quilt. Maybe one day...

Sounds like you really had a great day shopping with friends, frinds can make all the difference can't they.

Blessings,
Mel

piecesofpatti said...

Yes, we had a great time and I too spent way too much money...............but, if asked I will deny it!!!!!!!
Love spending time with all my friends! Especially, my special friend Regina, my sewing buddy! (Among other things of course) Looking forward to another quilt retreat to see all my quilting friends again! Love all my friends!!!!!!!!!!!
I too am making an Irish chain like Regina's. Hope to post soon. A little behind on posting!!!!!

Jen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I was so happy to see you post...moreso I was happy to see pictures because I know you always are working on a heck of a lot more than you show us. :) I really like that pink irish chain. If Cindi loves it, then it's got to be hers!!