Saturday, June 5, 2010

Snow? Michigan? In June?


Ok...not real snow, but there are snowballs everywhere! When Garry had the cabin full of stuff last week and I couldn't make curtains, I HAD to do something and I didn't have a lot of fabric with me. This is what I came up with to pass the time. I made a lot of snowballs. A LOT! Now, to get them all put together. I kinda like it! Garry is working today. Cindy is going to the opera with Val. I'd sooner eat a bug as to go to the opera, but to each his own. They are seeing Phantom of the Opera. I think it's at MSU. I'm going to do some laundry and keep thowing snowballs at my machine. Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me! Hope you all are staying cool and enjoying a great weekend, too!

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Needled Mom said...

I love the fabric choice for your snowballs. Very sweet and pretty.

I'm with you on the opera.

Michele said...

This. Is. So. Cute.
I don't often like white in quilts (odd, I know) but this works.
And I'm so far behind on the 9-patch/snowball quilt it's no longer funny. Maybe tomorrow...

Quiltluver said...

Pretty blocks. I'm not much into opera, but I did enjoy the Phantom of the Opera when it first came out many years ago.

Amy said...

Yes, to each their own.....I would LOVE to go to the opera! I'm bummed that I missed an opportunity to see Mozart's "Magic Flute" while I was in Germany 15 years ago :0(

Fun FABRICS in those snowballs!!!

Barb said...

I love making snowballs ~ both real and fabric.

As for Opera ~ No thank you. My MIL bought the hubster and I tickets to see an opera singer for our anniversary one year (she thought we should broaden our music taste). Not only was it a waste of a couple of hundred dollars, we had to drive 2 1/2 hrs each way for the concert.

Lori said...

I got engaged at the Phantom of the Opera. Curtian went down ..Hubby was on his knee...

(I thought he was having a heart attack)LOL~ that was 1996!

Married 5 mos later!!

I love the snow balls btw!

piecesofpatti said...

I love the snowballs and fabric. I also loved Phantom......but that is just me!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

This is so sweet! Your snowballs look great. Thanks for being our ring leader!