Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday, Monday.......






Good Morning.....I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was great! Bought myself a few little gifts, yes gifts. Happy ME day. Does that work? It'll have to because I already bought them. My iron sucked, was probably 20 years old and very tired. And now....taaa daaaaa..... My new Rowenta Precision, clearance priced at Joann's iron. And I love it. Smooooooth as silk. Especially when compared to my old one. Hope it lasts...... I also happened upon some fabric that wasn't just calling my name, but screaming it. It now has a home, with me......LOL Some black and whites. Thats next I think. A black and white top.


On the quilty front, I'm adding borders to another Irish Chain top I'm working on. Hope to load it on the frame today and start the quilting. I'm thinking I'm going to get brave and try out the laser, which is still in the box, and a panto. I'm loving this so much. If this one turns out nicely, I'm giving it to my brother and sil, as a Christmas gift. Keep my in your prayers today, I'm not feeling all the confident as of yet.
If I get as much accomplished today as I hope to, I'll post pics on the frame later. Have a great day even if it is Monday. Laundry day here, too ......grrrrrr......

2 comments:

Jen said...

Very nice top!! For your black and red quilt are you going to throw a smidge of another contrast color in there for punch?

I don't have a laser yet and I'm holding off on getting some panto printing software (quilters cad) until my brithday or christmas.

Kristie said...

I love your top! I always like that pattern and your colors are beautiful. Your new iron looks nice, hope it lasts for you. I just have a cheap iron, I guess I will just use it until it dies. Can't wait to see your quilt finished, I'm sure your brother and SIL will love it.
Kristie