Thursday, March 4, 2010

Time for some.....

finishing up! I know I'm the ONLY one who piles up blocks and tops and just leaves them there in order to move on to a new project. I can't imagine that any of you would do such a thing. (insert sarcasm here)

Retreat is coming up soon. Not soon enough, but it's getting closer! I thought it might be a good idea to clean up some stuff that's been hangin' 'round for a long while. I was doing Amanda Jean's nine patch quilt. I found them today while I was digging through stuff. So, I put them together. Woohoooo! Then I found some Jewel Box blocks I made last year at retreat and I've got them ready to sew together now. I'd forgotten all about these blocks. I'll see how many of them I can get sewn together before bed tonight while I see who gets the boot on Idol. Yep, you read that right. I watch Idol. There! My dirty little secret is out now.

Here are a couple of pics and then I back to the machine. Oh, I started the plan to find my quilt frame and machine today. I had buried it under projects. That's how I found these and a few others.


8 comments:

Michele said...

I'm gonna get my 9-patch quilted this weekend as well! (provided I can scrounge up the backing...)

Barb said...

Totally awesome...both!!

Linda said...

What joyful colors! Both quilts look wonderful, Regina.

Jen said...

So...whatcha sending me? Remember, I owe you a quilted quilt for your birthday! If you send it before retreat, you can drive it home instead of us paying for shipping a bulky quilt!

Lori said...

Luv them both!!

piecesofpatti said...

Hey, I forgot about those......very pretty and happy!!!!!

Fabricmom said...

Very bright and pretty. Love them both.

Moneik said...

Love the Jewel box quilt. I've been wanting to do one for a long time. Maybe that will be used instead of the snowball for the baby quilt I need to make.