Monday, December 21, 2009

The Blind Side

This movie may be the most uplifting, moving movie I have ever seen.
I do not do enough for others.
I can do more.
I will do more.
I started crying about four minutes into the movie. I stopped about twenty minutes after it ended. I hope that I never stop feeling like I did while watching it.
Not all of the tears were sad. Many of them were happy tears.
If you haven't seen it, run to the theater as fast as you can.
Amazing!
I saw it on Friday with two girlfriends. For those of you who have seen it, you'll understand the next part here. After it was over, I said to one of my friends that if each of us saved one person in need, the world would be a really different place. My friend looked at me and said "But, you've saved two". I was floored by that statement. I have two adopted kids. I had never thought of it like that. And, it really took me by suprise that someone viewed me that way. It may have been the nicest compliment I've ever gotten. But I still say.....I don't do enough. I can and will do more. 2010 needs to be a year of giving, helping, and praying more. I'm not one to make resolutions, but I wanted to be able to look back at this post and remind myself to do more for those who are in need. Even if all they need is a phone call, a hug, or if they're need is bigger, a meal, clothes....I am going to do more. Period!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw it Saturday night with my husband and another couple. Great Movie. We all enjoyed it and will recomend it to everyone.

I have been quilting for the last 10 years and I am learning new things all the time. I am trying my hand at machine quilting. Trying what I am doing.

Kathleen Jones
Pomona, Ca.

Jen said...

Regina, you rock!!

Linda Lee said...

I am anxious to see this movie! You can count on me in my corner of the world to do what you are doing in your corner! One by one we will make a difference!

SewCalGal said...

I talked my husband into going with me on our "movie date" to see this movie. He was hesitant, as he thought it was another "girlie" movie. But he too liked it and we both recommend this movie. Inspirational!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome movie. You weren't the only one in tears....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

CatQuilter said...

I haven't seen the film yet, but I hear it's fantastic. Hope to see it over the holidays.

What an inspiration to do better for our brothers in this world! Sounds like a great goal for 2010!

Love ya, my stitchy friend.

Happy Christmas and best wishes for a wonderful, healthy New year.

Amy said...

:0)

enough said!

Linda Lee said...

Stopping by to wish you a Merry and Blessed Christmas!
Linda