Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Check out my CURVES!

Over a year ago I bought a foot just for piecing curves. I can't remember the name, but I got it at the Novi Fabric Expo in Sept of '07. I also bought some curved templates. I ran across them in the disaster I call my sewing room the other day. I found a set of fq's I don't remember buying from Connecting Threads and decided to go for it.





I did try doing this with my regular 1/4" foot and it didn't go so well, but with this foot made for curved pieces it's a lot easier and looks much better. The foot came with a pair of tweezers so you can hold the fabric through the foot. It might be a curve master, or something like that. So far, these are fun. Not my favorite colors in the fabrics, but I'll just give it to someone who's as Jen says "quilt worthy". Well, back to it! I'm going to have Garry check out my curves when he gets home. Get your minds out of the gutters!

7 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

They look fantastic! I have seen the foot at shows but I have never been inclined to even attempt a curve. (I screw up on straight lines!)

Bethany said...

Those blocks look GREAT! I'm so glad you found that gizmo in your sewing room.

I love the colors..am I "quilt worthy"? LOL!

Kristie said...

Those look wonderful!!! I think you need to show a photo of that curved foot. I don't have a clue what they look like!
Kristie

Cindy Larson said...

Those are cool! I bought a circle attachment for my sewing machine but have yet to use it :0) Someday... I like the colors. They are different but pretty. All that work your hubby has been doing for you around there, he deserves the right to be the first to check out your pieced curves :0)

Regina said...

Nice Curves!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Very nice curves! After the dress fiasco, I'll stick to straight lines for awhile. I would like to see a picture of the foot, though (you never know when I might change my mind....).

swooze said...

Curvemaster? I have that too. Need to use it!